Pages

4.14.2009

Jacob is THREE!!!

I can't believe Jacob turned THREE on February 16th.
He is growing up so fast.
Jacob has been p-p-ing in the potty since before he was 2.
But, we just couldn't get him to poop in the potty.
Every night before his bath, he would say "Mommy, I need a diaper"
He would get a diaper on and go sit in the corner then come and ask to get the diaper off.
(He would hold it all day if he wasn't at our house - never once did he have an accident somewhere else - or ask for a diaper at school aka daycare)
So, basically one diaper a day for about a year.... not bad....
Everyone kept telling me "this is a boy thing, my boy pooped in a diaper until he was 5"
Enough was enough...
Lance was home from a job for a week right before Jacob turned three.
He kept Jacob at home with him one day and Lance went through the same thing I did, Jacob asking for a diaper and crying if you did not put him in one.
OKAY THIS IS AWFUL, BUT (IT WORKED)....
Finally, Lance said " Do you want the police to come get me for being a bad daddy?"
Jacob still was crying
Lance started walking upstairs, Jacob yelling for him to come back
Lance said "I have to go get ready, the police are coming to get me and you are going to have a new daddy."
Jacob said "okay, daddy, I'll be a big boy & poop on the potty so you don't have to leave"
That was the last time Jacob has ever asked for a diaper...

No comments: